1. Hobonichi Techno 2018 - Um, so I started looking into 2018 planners months ago. After some experimentation, I now have a pretty good idea of what works and what doesn't. This year, it's the cult Japanese brand, Hobonichi. I love how the paper is high quality but extremely thin, the grid pages, and how light it is. I would recommend this one if you don't write extensively, but still want a little room to be creative.
2. Bring It On Home To Me, Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee - This song has been been on repeat for a month now; written by Sam Cooke, and covered numerous times since by artists like The Animals and Eddie Floyd. Sonny Terry & Brownie McGee version is by far my favourite.
3. Mint Dog Leash by Witty&White - We welcomed a new puppy around a month ago, and many a resources have been spent on him. Since he's such a little thing (predicted by the vet to be around 5 - 6 lbs. full grown), I needed to find a lead that's light and appropriate for a dog of his size. Love the colour of this one, and quality is top notch.
4. A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara - This book has been on the bestseller list for a while and was shortlisted for a Man Booker Prize, and is as devastating (in a good way) as everyone says. Due to the length and subject matter, it took a bit of dedication to get through at times.
5. YSL Volupté Tint-in-Oil - A friend kindly gifted this to me for Christmas. It smells like watermelon, isn't sticky, super moisturising, and absorbs quickly.
6. Foreo ISSA - I bought this (and the next product) as Christmas gifts for myself. I've been hearing good things about Foreo for a while, and decided to finally make the jump. Imagine: you think you've brushed your teeth thoroughly, but you can still feel a bit of plaque - does this ever happen to you? It drives me fucking up the wall, and I end up re-brushing / over-brushing, which isn't ideal. Did solve that problem, so glad I made the jump.
7. Foreo LUNA play - After I turned 25, my Mom started telling me that I should try to get regular facials to try to maintain what youthful complexion I have, but they're incredibly expensive in Hong Kong. I used that as justification to get the LUNA (although only enough to buy the travel version) I can feel products being absorbed faster on days I use this.
8. Kong Toy - So I was one of those people who watched dog training videos on Youtube even before they have a dog.., A lot of these trainers recommend using a Kong for teaching, so when we got Sachi, I bought one right away. The great thing about this toy is its many applications: slowing your dog down if they eat too fast, teaching patience, helping with separation anxiety.
9. Saline solution - You're probably thinking: why the fuck does she love saline solution? Dude, it heals everything. Last month, I got a second degree burn, and the doctor suggested I buy it to help heal the wound. Since then, I've done research and discovered it has 1000 + 1 uses.
10. Aura Cacia Essential Oil Diffuser - I've been obsessed with essential oils for a while, and used my beloved Muji Aroma Porcelain Pot religiously. But I got a bit tired of having to buy tea candles and the indoor air pollution it was creating. I basically have it on 24/7 when I'm at home. It has a 1-hour and 4-hour timer, so I usually put in lavender before going to sleep. Also love the calming effect of the water droplet sounds.
11. Vitamin E Oil - I see Vitamin E oil as similar to Coconut Oil, as they can both be used in so many ways. I've been using it for skin and hair, which is helping for my goal to slowly reduce the number of products I use and own.
12. Tea Tree Oil - Tea tree oil is another one that's multi-purpose. It's like an disinfectant for its anti-bacterial properties. You can check out some of the uses here (I use it for cuticles, cleaning, and breakouts). Just make sure you spot test beforehand since it is a pure oil.
13. Grace and Frankie (Netflix) - I've loved this series since last year, and binged the newest season. I really love its subtle messages about ageing and perseverance. I appreciate the fresh perspectives and the show's openness to tackling life's uncomfortable and difficult issues. As a Friends super fan, I have to mention Marta Kauffman's always hilarious and witty writing.
14. Lancôme La Vie Est Belle EDP - My Mom who initially bought this for herself, but my Dad hated it with a passion so she had to let it go. Described on the website as "[entwining] the elegance of iris with the strength of Patchouli and the sweetness of a gourmand blend; for an incredible scent with depth and complexity." I don't know about that, but it's decadent and smells like the kind of fragrance you would wear on a night out.
15. IKEA Knopparp - We've been redoing our living room, and needed the smallest couch we could find. The old leather couch was made the living room a dead space because it was so big. This temp couch is working out great.
16. Dried Roses - I received a beautiful bouquet in December, and set out to preserve the entire thing for the first time. Simply clean the stems, tie them together in bunches of 5 - 6, and leave hanging in a dark and dry place. Two weeks later and voilà!
17. Personalized Stacking Ring by CaitlynMinimalist - This is the second Etsy purchase on the list because I want to change my consumer habits this year, and try to support more independent brands. Really love the rings I got, the personalisation process was easy, and Caitlyn was very nice.